Thursday 8 July 2010

2010 so far

Its been a while since I updated my blog . I have had very little time. First things first I been extremely busy studying and preparing myself for my new career and life coaching and health and well being. Visit my website and check out what life coaching can do for you....

www.zahrashah.co.uk

I've also been learning to drive and going to the gym .. yes the gym, more on that later.

Weight

Weight loss to date -

Dec 2008 117kgs
July 2110 64kg

I have lost 53 kilos in total to date! :)

I'm now in the 64kilo zone... which has gone as low as 60 and then gone back up. My body is in the last phase so its really struggling to loose weight now its been pounded for so long. So i keep being inventive with food, and exercise.

I'm still using a BMR to calculate my minimum food intake - The BMR Calculator will calculate your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR); the number of calories you'd burn if you stayed in bed all day.

And as well as this, I'm making sure I am eating for my metabolic type....

You can check what yours below

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

http://www.lowcarbnz.co.nz/Story/metabolic_type.htm

Doing this has been really useful to me over the last few months and i am eating far less processed foods and cooking and planning my meals very well.

Exercise

In January I decided to join the gym. training at home was fun but i needed to take the next step in relation to my fitness and really push myself. I signed up and quickly became a fan of legs, bums and tums class and spin class. However because my other commitments i had no chance to train one on one with a trainer . For me having the person there to push me works and in all honestly I missed that trainer/client relationship, both in my head and in my ability to push harder. I felt unfit, i felt that i could be fitter. In may I decided it was time to get someone to push me all the way through these last kilos and signed up for a PT package at my gym - I joined a gym I have to pass on my way home :) and I felt to utilize my time more effectively and train after work and before going home . This also allows me to be trained for 30 intense minutes once a week so I have more frequent contact with a PT . Which is really motivating. I have a new strength training schedule and I am building strength in my lower body and doing cardio at the same time with the spin class. Its fun and i am loving it esp the challenge. I am still running /walking/jogging on days when I don't go to the gym or coach people after work... another 5k is set for the 18th July with possibly another in September. I still maintain you have to move to loose weight but that you have make it as fun for you as possible too :)

Food diary

I am still keeping this, but not so much for use of counting calories - whilst I journal what i eat i am looking at the protein and carb in takes and making sure I meet my daily nutritional requirements.

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/

This is the site I use to track my food and exercise intake and monitor my weight loss progress. Online food diaries are an excellent too, you can connect to them from your pc or i phone or ipod touch or blackberry which means you can always get access. There are also iphone/ipodtopuich food diary applications .. it makes it easy for you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment